Airstreamclub.org Learning Resources
Note: This information is generally for Webmasters and requires a webmaster login to the new airstreamclub.org site.
- The BEST way to get help is an email to email@example.com. We strongly recommend you do NOT send an email to an individual on the ITC (or past ECC). Send your requests and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org – this enters them into a centralized tracking system and ensures your request will not get lost in email!
How Local Club / Unit Events Are Published in the Blue Beret
Events published on airstreamclub.org will automatically be pulled from the website for inclusion in the Blue Beret 6 WEEKS before publication. If your events are not published on airstreamclub.org by that the deadline, they will not be published in the Blue Beret.
If you need to make a change after that date, you can email email@example.com, but there is no guarantee that the change can be made in the Blue Beret.
Logging into the new airstreamclub.org website
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your personal login information. Please include your club/unit name and number in your request.
Entering and Editing “Events” on the new site
Note: Events are what the new site calls rallies, caravans, lunches, etc. The events go into a shared calendar that allows sorting by Unit/Local Club, Region, Caravan, etc. This replaces the old Google Calendar capability some Clubs previously used.
- Nice overview of how to enter and edit events (Thanks, Roy Beavers #4392 )
- Managing Events on the ACI Website v.6, Feb 2020
- Click HERE for the animated PowerPoint Version of “Managing Events on the ACI Website.” You will need to download the file to your computer to activate the animation function.
Note: You should already have your login information, but if not, contact the ITC at email@example.com. If you are taking over for a previous webmaster, contact your Club President and have them submit the change to firstname.lastname@example.org or by submitting a new officer reporting form to HQ.
NOTE: If the event is created but the LOCATION is not completed (address, city, state, zip and country), then the system creates latitude and longitude coordinates from its own imagination. When the location is eventually entered, the latitude and longitude do_not_automatically correct to the appropriate location. The ITC recommends that, when an event is entered, the city, state, zip code and country should be entered at the same time.
- How to add the Airstreamclub.org calendar of your events onto your WordPress site