Thank you for all your work creating and updating your local Airstream club’s events on
airstreamclub.org. Since we sent initial instructions on editing the website in late
August we have learned a lot about the new website and have some updates to share
- Attached is a PDF file with updated information on “Managing Your Events on the ACI Website” created by Roy Beavers, Region 3 webmaster.
- Future updates on editing airstreamclub.org will be posted to itc.airstreamclub.net for your reference.
- The former Electronic Communication Committee has a new identity: InformationTechnology Committee (ITC). Our website itc.airstreamclub.net archives information on editing the new website, adding events, and managing @airstreamclub.net and @wbcci.net emails.
The following are some notifications of which you should be aware:
- The Google Calendars on wbcci.net websites have been replaced by the Events calendar on airstreamclub.net, so you no longer have to maintain two calendars. Please remove the Google Events calendar on your WordPress and replace by a link to the Events calendar on airstreamclub.org. Instructions on how to create the link are located on itc.airstreamclub.net. An example of how this works can be seen at for:
- Greater Bay Area Club Events.
- Sacramento Valley Airstream Club Events
- If you are taking over for a previous webmaster, contact your Club/Unit President and have them submit the change to email@example.com or submitting a new officer reporting form.
Event Editing Tips
- It is important that the Name and Title of your event identifies it as your club’s event. They can be the same. Currently there are several “Installation Rallies.” If we need to help you with an event it’s very difficult to determine which club created which event. Titling your events so they can be identified as belonging to your local club is helpful so you can find them later. We recommend using club number after the title, e.g “Installation Rally 0014”
- Size of media files should be under 3M and, for images, approximately 300×300 pixels. You will need to adjust the size of the files / images before uploading to the website. There is no image editor within the new website.
At this time, all images and PDF files are uploaded to a singleMedia Library. Titling your media files so they can be identified as belonging to your local club would be helpful if you wish to reuse them, We recommend using club number in the image name e.g. “Rally Dinner 0014.”
Latitude and Longitude should be auto-entered for event locations. However, if you enter it yourself, just use numbers. Using a degree symbol or N, W will cause the rally not to be shown on the rally map. Correct:39.7392, -104.9903 Incorrect: 39.7392° N, 104.9903°
When completing an event, it’s essential to complete the Tags box at the bottom of the INFO tab. Multiple Tags can be entered, but be sure to enter the Region as one Tag, and also a Tag if the Event is a Rally, Lunch, Dinner, Caravan, National Event, etc. Tagging the events allows them to be displayed in the list of Rallies, Region Events, Caravans and National Events, etc.
The “Body” is the place to enter all specific details about the event, i.e. meals, activities, programs, etc. There is no field for “time” of event because there is only one template – Rallies – which don’t generally have a start and end time.
There’s a bug in the system that doesn’t allow single day events in some cases. If you have problems with getting an event to show a single day, email firstname.lastname@example.org and send us the name of the event and the correct date. We’ll fix it for you. Please be sure that your event is complete with Tags and all details before requesting help with the date. At this time, if you make changes to the event after we reset the date the date error will be re-occur. We’re working on fixing this bug. There may also be errors with multiple-day events. Please check how your event displays after creating it.
Officer names, offices, membership numbers, and emails are imported into airstreamclub.org from the main club database. Unit webmasters are not able to edit this information at this time. Local club webmasters do not have permission to delete events. Email email@example.com and include the event name and local club name of the file you would like deleted. We’ll take care of it for you. Please don’t hesitate to ask questions about the Event editing process or share your insights. Your feedback helps us learn more and keep other webmasters informed.
GDE Error: Error retrieving file - if necessary turn off error checking (404:Not Found)